Terms and Conditions
PLEASE NOTE: Our terms and conditions page is currently being reviewed and revised.
These are the terms and conditions of an 8by10 Digital Imaging event booking and are applicable to events attended by 8by10 Digital
Imaging unless otherwise agreed in writing.
These terms and conditions apply to the Party booking 8by10's services (Client) and 8by10 Digital Imaging (John Wright).
You are entering into a contract
with 8by10 Digital Imaging so please do read the following terms and conditions carefully. If there are any areas
you wish to discuss please do not hesitate to contact us.
8by10 Digital Imaging will work to your brief or in the absence of a brief we will work diligently and professionally to achieve
the very best results for your event. We believe briefs are not cast in stone and will adjust accordingly
to any reasonable request.
8by10 Digital Imaging agrees to attend your event upon confirmation of this booking. Confirmation can be in the form
of a confirmation email, or a signed letter. The confirmation should include acceptance of the terms and conditions as specified
on the 8by10 Digital Imaging web site (this site). Where the Client does not indicate acceptance of these terms and conditions it is
understood that by making the booking the Client has agreed to these terms and conditions. 8by10 Digital Imaging will not accept bookings
until such time as the event is placed with ourselves and we have confirmed our acceptance of the booking. Apart from circumstances beyond our
reasonable control, once your booking is confirmed, we will attend. Our total liability, for whatever cause or reason, is
limited to any monies pre-paid for our attendance at the event.
When on-site, our teams will act professionally and abide by health and safety guidelines.
Our electrical equipment is always up to date with PAT testing where required.
8by10 Digital Imaging carry a minimum £2m Public Liability Insurance.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask prior to agreeing to these terms.
1. Representatives of 8by10 Digital Imaging are the only professional photographers allowed to attend the event taking photographs for commercial
gain. Should any other professional photographer request permission to take photographs for whatever reason, we ask that you consult with
ourselves prior to permission being granted.
2. You agree to insist any other professional or commercial photographer refrains from taking photographs of our studio and printing station set ups.
3. Should you require any images for reporting the event, your own web site or for other promotional materials please contact us directly.
8by10 Digital Imaging will usually supply a reasonable number of images (maximum five images) to the Client for promotional purposes only
providing you credit www.8by10.co.uk for each and every use. Images will be supplied via email in .jpeg format.
4. 8by10 Digital Imaging will only attend fully confirmed bookings.
5. 8by10 Digital Imaging will post all photographs from the event on our web site for further review and purchase by the guests / members.
6. 8by10 Digital Imaging may distribute leaflets, business cards and other promotional material at the event to promote our services and after the event sales.
7. We are sympathetic to parent's feelings regarding publication of photographs of minors on the internet and will remove any photographs
of minors without question when requested to do so. Please identify any contentious photographs to us and our best efforts will be applied
to ensure these will not be published. Pleased note that we do not guarantee that images will be removed immediately or within any time scale
which you specify. The removal of images is at our discretion and will be done as and when time allows.
Should you require extra protection, we can 'hide' images from general viewing by protecting them with a password. The only
way this password can be gained is by visitors contacting the event organiser and the event organiser will be responsible for the issuing of the password.
8by10 Digital Imaging will publicise the need for a password but will not distribute the password. Visitors will be redirected to the events
representative (the Client) for the password.
8. 8by10 Digital Imaging requests that you promote our attendance regularly during the event.
9. Location of 8by10 Digital Imaging Studio. Experience has taught us the best position for our studio / sales point is in the same area as the
main function or immedaitely adjacent to this area. We should not be allocated space in a side room or an out of the way location. Failure to
provide space that is agreeable with 8by10 Digital Imaging will constitute cancellation on your part and the full cancellation fee becomes due.
10. Our studios and sales area need a minimum of 5 metres wall space and a floor space depth of 6 metres to ensure we can set up. A larger space is
preferrable and should be allocated to our use if available. It is the responsibility of the person booking (the Client) 8by10 Digital Imaging to
ensure sufficient space is allocated for us. This must be clear of any obstructions such as fire escapes and stairs. Should 8by10 Digital
Imaging teams find that sufficient space is not provided and we cannot properly or fully set up the cancellation fee will be charged
to the person (the Client) booking 8by10 Digital Imaging.
11. CANCELLATIONS. Should you cancel your event within 15 days of the scheduled date of the event a cancellation fee of £200.00 will be due. If we have requested
an attendance fee or a deposit this will also be forfieted. Any costs associated with the commission or event incurred by 8by10 Digital Imaging will also be charged.
Chargable costs will include cancellation fees that 8by10 Digital Imaging may have to pay to other service or goods providers. There is no refund of attendance fees for special
dates including Bank holidays, Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. 8by10 Digital Imaging reserves the right to waive any fees and will only do so in very
12. A fee will be charged for our attendance at the event. The cost of our attendance for events is determined by the type/nature of the event,
the location of the event, the numbers attending the event and the services required at the event unless 8by10 Digital Imaging have confirmed
in writing or via email that this fee is to be waived. The attendance fee will be agreed and paid before 8by10 Digital Imaging will confirm acceptance of the booking.
13. The Client shall be responsible for the behaviour of any persons or animals at their event. 8by10 Digital Imaging reserves the right to terminate
any assignment without notice if it is deemed by 8by10 Digital Imaging that the Clients staff, or Guests behaviour, or any other person or animals behaviour is unruly or unsafe or threatening.
In such instances, 8by10 Digital Imaging reserves the right to withhold payment of any monies paid to ourselves or due to the Client, the Event or Event organiser and
to leave the event and to claim any fees and costs associated and incurrred for the event. Cancellation fees will also be applied in these circumstances.
14. When 8by10 Digital Imaging or associates are required to supply, bring or use any equipment with regards to any commission then the Client is responsible for any damage
or loss to or of said equipment. This applies whether an 8by10 Digital Imaging representative is present or not.
Any damage to 8by10 Digital Imaging or associates equipment is to be repaired at the Clients expense, and the client will also be responsible for any
loss of earnings whilst repairs are undertaken.
15. Unless otherwise agreed none of the terms and conditions prevents the event guests taking photographs for their own use providing they are not offered for sale, free
reproduction or financial reward. No person other than an 8by10 Digital Imaging representative may use any equipment (including back drops and lights) supplied, erected or brought
for use by 8by10 Digital Imaging.
16. Copyright and Ownership. In accordance with the Copyright, Designs & Patents Act 1988, the copyright of all images created by
8by10 Digital Imaging are owned by the 8by10 Digital Imaging. Unless 8by10 Digital Imaging gives written authorisation, the Client is forbidden
to copy any images created by 8by10 Digital Imaging and agrees that all photographic reprints, digital duplications or copies of any
type made from images created by 8by10 Digital Imaging shall only be carried out by 8by10 Digital Imaging. Any agreed licence to reproduce such images is only granted
to the Client once all invoices are paid within 8by10 Digital Imaging stated payment terms.
Reproduction and/or usage rights (if and when granted) are strictly limited to the use specified on the 8by10 Digital Imaging invoice, written agreement and/or
quotation. An agreement must be reached with 8by10 Digital Imaging before the pictures are used for a different purpose or after the
licence to use has expired. 8by10 Digital Imaging reserves the right to charge an additional fee if the photographs are used for
purposes other than what is shown on the 8by10 Digital Imaging invoice and/or quotation.
If the Client wishes to own the copyright of images created by 8by10 Digital Imaging, an additional fee will be paid by the Client to 8by10 Digital
Imaging for transferring the copyright. This fee will be mutually agreed by both parties and will be not less than costs incurred and a day rate charge.
The transfer of copyright will only become applicable after this payment has been made in full. 8by10 Digital Imaging reserves the right to not
sell or pass on any copyright for any image or group of images should 8by10 Digital Imaging not wish to do so.
On instances where the Client requests copies from media that they have supplied or requires the inclusion of any works they supply in the 8by10 product, all work is undertaken on the assumption that the Client
has obtained written permission from the legal copyright holder for copies to be made. 8by10 Digital Imaging may contact the copyright holder of the
said works to confirm that authorisation to copy the work has been given. The Client agrees to fully indemnify 8by10 Digital Imaging in respect
of any claims or damages or any costs arising in respect of claims for copyright violation made by a third party.
All original negatives, transparencies and digital files created by 8by10 Digital Imaging remain the property of 8by10 Digital Imaging. 8by10
Digital Imaging will take reasonable measures to ensure that all such materials are stored safely and make them available
for future (but limited duration) reproduction in return for a relevant agreed fee.
8by10 Digital Imaging reserves the right to make reproductions of images created during assignments for marketing, promotional, competition
and editorial purposes.
17. The Client shall ensure that there is an authorised representative present at the assignment to ensure the correctness of 8by10 Digital Imaging's
interpretation of the Clients brief. In the event of no Client representation, the 8by10 Digital Imaging interpretation of the brief shall be deemed as correct.
18. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions. All contracts and transactions between 8by10 Digital Imaging and the Client whether made orally or in writing
are subject to these terms and conditions which shall be deemed to be incorporated into any contract between 8by10 Digital Imaging and all or any
of its Clients.These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice or notification and it is the Clients responsibility to review
these web pages and make themselves aware of these terms and conditions.